Sunday, December 9, 2007

Farm Frenzy Game Review

FARM FRENZY is fantastic farm fun!!! Definitely a family-friendly game everyone can enjoy!

Seriously, I am already addicted to this fabulous game. It is a multi-level game with top-notch, bright, cheerful, quality graphics. I was in a better mood instantly when I started playing. I believe this game is a definite mood-lifter and stress-reducer for anyone who plays it. And isn't that what we all need nowadays - something cheerful and fun to brighten our days in this hectic life? It's a great way to escape our problems for a while. I loved it! Take my advice and give it a try.

If you like FARM 51, as I do, you will definitely love FARM FRENZY. There are a few similarities, such as buying animals for the farm, having your farm produce things to sell in town/the city, earning money to upgrade your farm, etc. However, the similarities are not so alike that it makes it seem like the same game. Not at all!! This one is created in such a way that it is a whole new world of farm fun!

You start out being greeted by fun screens filled with eye-catching graphics and a happy soundtrack playing in the background. Of course, there are sound and music options you can adjust if you wish. You enter your name for a more personalized experience. Here is a screenshot below to give you a glimpse of the great cartoon graphics:
















Click here for a safe, free trial download of FARM FRENZY.


You work your way through levels of FARM FRENZY by meeting and/or exceeding certain goals for each level. You earn money and collect stars which you will use throughout the game. There are different fun things you can buy along the way, such as animals, cars for transporting goods to town for selling, storehouses for storing items, water wells (so your animals will have water for survival), and many more. New things you can buy are added sometimes, such as bakeries. Bakeries are used for creating baked goodies to sell. The levels are timed, and gold star or silver star bonuses are available for completion within a certain amount of time. Even if I didn't meet the time-bonus goals to make my level a gold star level or silver star level, I still got to complete the level in as long as it took me, so if you don't like to rush through a game for extra stars, don't worry, you can take as long as you want and just forfeit those bonus stars.

The game shows you quick instructions along the way of how to play. You are given a couple of geese to start out with. You plant grass and water the grass so the geese will survive and lay eggs. You need to replenish your water well by buying more water - the cost of refilling your well comes out of your bank total. You gather the eggs the geese lay, then sell them for money by sending the vehicle to town to sell the eggs. The bottom right-hand corner of the screenshot shows an icon of your farm with a road going to an icon of the city. When you send your vehicle to town to sell farm goods, your vehicle will be shown traveling and trucking along back and forth between the two icons. Cute! You can buy more geese to increase your egg production once you earn enough money to buy another goose (or geese). As shown below in this screenshot, the goal for the first level is to collect 4 eggs. For completing that goal, you will earn 30 gold stars. If you accomplish this within certain times, then you'll earn bonus stars and can even finish the level with a gold star or silver star. At the start of this level, you have $170 in your bank account (shown in the bottom right-hand corner of the screenshot). In the upper right-hand corner of the screenshot, it shows the level as starting out with having zero of four eggs collected so far. The upper left-hand corner of the shot shows the different animals you can buy (once they're lit up and have enough money to buy them) and how much each costs:




















Once you complete your first goal or set of goals in a level and you are given your bonus and goal summary for those goals, you're taken to an overview screen of your
farm. Here's a screenshot I took right after completing my first goal:












Click here for a safe, free trial download of FARM FRENZY.







In the far left middle of the screenshot above, it shows 2 blue steps. The first one shows a gold icon above it - the gold icon shows I completed the first goal (level) with an earned gold star level bonus (I collected 4 eggs within one minute, so I earned the gold-level bonus stars). You could instead earn the silver star level bonus or no bonus. The next blue icon represents the next step (level) I'm to complete, and so on. I found I could even go back to previous levels to redo them if I wanted to improve my scores or try to earn the gold star level bonuses on some I hadn't before. Here is a screenshot of how it may look for you a little further into the game (note that there are also some silver star level bonus icons above a few of my levels and checkmarks on others - the checkmarks show I completed the level, but without any gold or silver bonus):





















I completed the second level for my first fenced area, so now that fenced area is complete. Once you finish a level, then a new level will become available. For your next level, a new button shows up on your
farm overview screen in the bottom left-hand corner. It is the "shop" button. To open a new level, you stop by the shop to buy the plans for the stated building you need for that level, for example. Here's a screenshot of the available things in the shop at this stage of the game:





















This next shot shows another fun aspect of
FARM FRENZY........bears! Bears throw your farm animals off the screen, and they can spoil the goods you worked hard for. You have to try to capture it and put it in a cage so you can sell it. You can earn money for selling the bears - fun! Once these intruders drop onto your screen, you click furiously with your left mouse button to quickly build a cage around the bear to capture it and send it to your storehouse for selling on your next town trip. No game would be complete without surprise challenges like intruders that destroy your hard work, right?!?!?!?! But what a fun way to do it. I love selling them - you get a lot of money for them! Yay! Here's a shot below of one of the little buggers in the process of being caged:



















Another great aspect of the
game is the "awards" area. Once you complete certain special accomplishments, you're given an award for it, and it fills in the blank area of the award page with your award. Here's a shot of my awards screen after I received two awards. One was for capturing 100 bears (not all at one time, but collectively), and the other was for collecting 500 goods:





















But enough about the details of
FARM FRENZY gameplay. There's lots more to accomplish and discover. I wanted to show you one more screenshot. It shows what your game screen might look like partway into the game. I wanted to just give you an idea of what some of the many options on upgrading buildings, cars, storehouses, etc. look like. I've got a few upgraded items in the pic below. One is a cat I purchased who scurries around collecting items for me and slinging them into my storehouse. I have an upgraded water well, egg-powder production house, bakery, car, storehouse, etc. There are different levels of upgrades, too. The pic below just shows a very few of the available ones:















I've played a LOT of PC games, and this is one of my favorites. I absolutely recommend this game
. FARM FRENZY is such a refreshingly fun game, and truly a delight to play. Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

Jhazline_20 said...

I love this game, far from wars and killings. I hate those tragic games. I like this Farm frenzy Game, I like the farm and the ducks, it reminds me my childhood memory living in the farm. I love the entire scenery of the game, so unique and fabulous.

_________
jhazline_20
I challenge you to a game of trivia! Click here to battle against me online at ConQUIZtador. Let's see who's the winner... https://www.conquiztador.com/?a=26041